Poetry Book Activities
The Dangerous Journey Tove Jansson
text by Sophie Hannah
Sort of Books, (2010)
When Susanna finds a pair of glasses and puts them on, her world completely changes, in fact, everything is distorted.
- What happens to Susanna's cat?
- The forest has been replaced with what?
- What does Susanna see when she looks into the water?
- As Susanna wanders on, whom does she meet?
- Susanna spots something in the sand. What is it?
- What has completely disappeared?
- Why does Susanna think HEMULEN is going to a party?
- What are the names of HEMULEN'S two companions?
- Why does HEMULEN think that 'life's turned loopy'?
- Who were hiding when they should have helped SNIFF?
- What is the soup that makes SNIFF feel sick?
- Who is the pilot of the 'Flying Dream' and what is it?
- What did SNIFF have to throw out of the 'Flying Dream'?
- Who was looking through the telescope?
- Where do they finally land?
- What was HEMULEN looking forward to having when he arrived?
Bob mixes up the letters in his words e.g. 'A mightful fress'. Can you make up a sentence mixing up the letters like this?
The Dangerous Journey is written in rhyming couplets – two lines of verse joined by rhyme. Can you try and write a poem in rhyme about one of the 'Moomin' characters?
For a pdf version of this quiz please click below.
For answers to this quiz please go to the 'Answers' section.