1. Is sport good for you?
2. When was cricket first played?
3. Do you know approximately how many people watch the World Cup?
4. What does the word 'doping' mean?
5. Do you know what WADA stands for?
6. What is a tie-breaker?
7. Which town in the UK is the home of golf?
8. What does exercise help us do?
9. Do you know what a hat trick is in the game of football?
10. What happened at the Heysel Stadium in Brussels, Belgium in 1985?
11. What is a luff up?
12. How did the sport of rowing begin?
13. Which sport is played with curved sticks and a small ball?
14. In competitive swimming what are the four strokes a swimmer can choose from?
15. What sport for women started in England?
Quiz questions devised from Sport by Bénédicte Mathieu and Myrtille Rambion, illustrated by Aurélien Débat, translated from French by Jean Anderson, Gecko Press, 2011.
For a pdf version of this quiz please click below.
For answers to this quiz please go to the 'Answers' section.