The Olympic Quiz
1. Where and When did the first Olympic Games take place?
2. Who were they in honour of?
3. Where does the marathon race get its name from?
4. What did the athletes wear when they competed?
5. Who revived the Olympic Games at the end of the 19th century and what was his nationality?
6. What is the IOC and when was it set up?
7. When and where were the first modern summer Olympic Games held?
8. What is an Olympiad?
9. How many official sports were there at the Beijing Olympics in 2008?
10. What are the Paralympics and where will they be held in 2012?
11. Who was the first black American Athlete who won four gold medals at the Berlin Olympic Games in 1936 which were watched by Hitler?
12. What is the Association Atlanta+ created in 1996?
13. What does a Boycott mean?
14. What did the American sprinters Tommy Smith and John Carlos do at the Olympic Games in Mexico City in 1968?
15. What is the IOC's slogan?
Quiz questions devised from Sport by Bénédicte Mathieu and Myrtille Rambion, illustrated by Aurélien Débat, translated from French by Jean Anderson, Gecko Press, 2011
For a pdf version of this quiz please click below.
For answers to this quiz please go to the 'Answers' section.