1. Which item of furniture was designed over 150 years ago, has sold over 50 million copies and is still in production today?
2. Why was the chair created by Hungarian designer Marcel Breuer called a Wassily?
3. Who designed the 'Glass Puddle' and what is its real name?
4. Why was the 'Tulip' chair designed?
5. Which armchair can you sit, lie or sprawl on?
6. Where does the 'Toy Tower' come from?
7. Who was the 'Great Mouth' settee inspired by?
8. Which sofa was designed specifically with children in mind?
9. What did designer Tejo Remy create?
10. What did the British designer Jasper Morrison invent?
11. Belgian designer Ingo Maurer loves to break the rules and play jokes. What did he design?
12. What did the French designer brothers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec create?
13. What is the DIY carpet?
14. The French designer Jean-Marie Massaud designed a sports stadium on a volcano. What shape did he deisign his armchair in?
15. Which designer invented the Skygarden and what is it?
16. Which design could have taken its inspiration from the Hans Christian Andersen story 'Princess and the Pea'?
17. What is the Rotator?
18. What is the comfy Puzzle?
19. What was Spanish designer Jaime Hayon inspired by when he created his chairs?
20. What is the 'Shadow Theatre'?
Quiz questions devised from D.E.S.I.G.N. by Ewa Solarz, illustrated by Aleksandra and Daniel Mizielinski, translated from Polish by Elzbieta Wókcik-Leese, Gecko Press, (2011)
For a pdf version of this quiz please click below.
For answers to this quiz please go to the 'Answers' section.