Tove Jansson Quiz
1. What country did Tove Jansson come from and what language did she speak?
a: Ireland d: Icelandic
b: Finland e: Gaelic
c: Iceland f: Finnish
2. Tove Jansson is famous for creating the Finn Moomintroll Family. Who are little Moomintroll's friends? (You can choose more than one answer).
b: The Snork Maiden
e: Pippi Longstocking
3. In The Book About Moomin, Mymble and Little MY what is Moomintroll taking home to his mother?
c: a present
4. What does Moomintroll mistake for a chimney pot?
a: A strange creature lurking in the trees
b: A tree
c: Mymble's hair
5. Who are Moomintroll and Mymble looking for?
b: Little MY (Mymble's sister)
6. How do you say 'good morning' in Finnish?
a: Tere Hommikust
b: Hyvää Huomenta
c: Shubh Prabhaat
7. Which of the following do you associate with Finland? (You can choose more than one answer).
b: Midnight Sun
e: Pickled Herring
f: Sven-Göran Eriksson
8. The capital of Finland is…
9. Can you identify The Finnish flag?
a: b: c:
10. Can you spot the map of Finland?
a: b: c:
To find books by Tove Jansson click on Browse Books.
For the Answers to this quiz go to the 'Answers' Section.
Please select the pdf you want and click below.